Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Maddy, 15 years of age, drama student at FSSA.


I started out at the Secret Theatre in order to gain some experience in a theatre (considering I would love to be in the profession some day). Also I need 60 hours of community service in order to graduate. The only time I had ever set foot in the Secret Theatre was for my interview and to see the show Skin. Flesh. Bone. But I’ve felt welcome since the time I set foot inside.

I saw Skin. Flesh. Bone. on the 24th. It was the first show I had ever seen at the Secret Theatre and it was amazing. At first I was a little confused about what the story line was. But seeing it performed made it a lot easier to understand. It has a very emotional and complicated story line, one that isn’t so easy for someone my age to understand. But I felt it was written and performed beautifully.

My first day of work at the Secret Theatre (June 28th), and I started out with something that I was very knowledgeable about. I helped set up a Facebook group. This is when I realized that I didn’t know as much about Facebook as I thought I did.

Today I took pictures of the space for the website to help promote rentals. I used Photoshop for the first time, which wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be. Right now I’m managing the phone and what not.

-Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment